May 2023 SP-AT PTA Meeting Minutes
SPRINGMAN/ATTEA PTA MEETING
Tuesday May 9th, 2023
In person at Attea
Attendees: D34 staff members: Diana, Megan and Florrie; Parents: Chelle, Niki, Tara, Leisl, Lynette, Evelyn, Rehana, Ghizala, Kate, and Suzy
- Meeting called to order at 9:20 a.m.
- Approval of minutes from the February 21, 2023 PTA meeting
- Motion moved by Tara
- Motion seconded by Ghizala
- Treasurer update
- Rehana gave a brief update on finances. The PTA received around $1,000 for each school in parent donations for teacher appreciation week (in addition to all the gift cards donated). Most recent dining for dollars event at Chipotle raised $230. This was last dining event for school year. Year to date we raised $1,800 in dining for dollars which is close to the $2,000 we had budgeted. Additional money was received from the recent sign-up party. Springman’s Spring Fling raised $325 for student council.
- Principals Reports
Diana O’Donnell, Attea, and Megan Russell, Springman
- Standardized testing is over for the year, which the students are grateful for.
- Staff is placing an emphasis to students on ending the year strong both in behavior and academics, while staff is also starting to plan for the fall.
- Each grade will be getting to do a field trip soon, including trips to the Grove, Feed My Starving Children, Six Flags, Holocaust Museum, etc.
- Staff is planning for graduation, end of year awards days, field days, etc.
- 5th graders had their visits recently and all went well.
- Attea will be closed most of the summer due to work being done on the building, including a new roof, security enhancements, new furniture, etc. Diana said she will mostly be working at an office at Springman as a result.
- Committee Chair reports
- Spirit Wear- The chairs have moved forward with new vendor, Humankind. They are eager to get orders in for each school so items are ready before the start of school in August, but waiting for the district to finalize logos. Principals said they would both confirm back to PTA after they talk to PE teachers if sweatpants with school logo would be acceptable for students to wear to PE as an alternative to the shorts.
- Service Projects- Large planters will be planted soon at Attea and spring planting will be done at Springman. Parents running the events were able to get donations from Lurvey and Chalet to help offset the costs.
- 8th Grade Graduation- Attea- Monday June 5th; Springman- Tuesday June 6th; everything is going well and looking forward to fun evenings for both schools. 7th grade parent volunteers still needed for graduation parties at both schools. Florrie (Bilingual Liaison at Attea) asked if she could pass on a list of specific song requests from the students she works with to make the party feel more inclusive. She will be put in touch with the parents coordinating the party to help facilitate this.
- Upcoming Events
- SPAT-A-PALOOZA- September 9th
- Thrift-Up- October 7th
Meeting Adjourned: 10:05 a.m.
Notes recorded by Tara Call.