May 2022 SP-AT PTA Meeting Minutes
SPRINGMAN/ATTEA PTA COMMITTEE MEETING
Tuesday May 17th, 2022
Attendees: Megan R., Mark R., Chelle C., Robin C., Leisl J., Rehana H., Ghizala H., Tara C., Alisa C., Melissa D. and Angie S.
- Meeting called to order at 9:15 a.m.
- Robin highlighted priority PTA positions to be filled for 2022-2023 PTA Board including Student Events Chairs at both schools and Teacher Grants.
II. Approval of minutes from the April 19th, 2022 PTA meeting
· Motion seconded by Chelle
IV. Communications- Leisl
V. The following items were proposed by Robin for consensus vote:
There were no comments so all three items were approved.
VI. Principals’ Reports
- Fifth grade visits went well and it was nice for the Attea students to get to welcome them and show them around.
- Parent input forms closed for 5th and 6th grade students. Staff is starting to work on building teams for next year using information received.
- Thank you to PTA for staff appreciation week events. The teachers were very grateful.
- MAP testing wrapped up recently. Results of tests will be used to help adjust goals for next year.
- One hour of SEL time has been scheduled this week for students to reflect on their accomplishments this year as it relates to goals they set in the beginning of the year.
- Spring talent show, band, orchestra and choir concerts all went well and were held in person.
- There are some covid outbreaks in some of the classrooms so parents have been notified to be on the lookout for symptoms. A breakout is considered 3 or more students in a classroom.
- Track season wraps up tomorrow, NJHS ceremony is Thursday and Friday is the end of the year awards assembly.
- 8th graders go to Great America next Tuesday and graduate and have their party next Wednesday evening. Yearbooks to be delivered soon.
- A to Z countdown still going on and students and staff are having fun with it.
- The incoming principal, Ms. O’Donnell has visited Attea a couple of times recently and plans to spend more time here in June to help with her transition.
Megan Russell, Springman
- Megan wished Mark well in his upcoming retirement and said he will be missed.
- She emphasized both her and her staff’s thanks for the efforts made by the PTA during staff appreciation week.
- NJHS ceremony for Springman will also be this Thursday evening but will be outside due to space constraints related to construction.
- Friday is the variety show; Monday is the awards ceremony for students and the service fair put on by 8th grade ELA classes. Big thanks to PTA for providing Kona Ice truck to be there during service fair.
VII. Committee Chair reports
· 8th Grade Grad Committee- Alisa- All has been going well. Yard sign pickups have been going well but both schools have a number of signs still left to pick up. Please look for emails about remaining pickup times. Jessica L. is taking care of coordinating distribution of “Let’s Glow Crazy” t-shirts to each school. Thank you to Karen at Gelfand Fund for her assistance with the process. Currently 231 tickets have been sold for Springman grad party and 200 for Attea. ALL students are still welcome to join, but will need to have their parents sign a permission slip if a late addition. Extra permission slips will be available at the buses at GBS on graduation night. And thank you to Kim C. for helping to coordinate food for both parties and for accommodating food allergies. Quite a few more chaperones still needed for Attea party. Preference is that they be 6th and 7th grade parents.
· School Supplies- Angie said that the supplies ordering just went live. She will email principals information so that they can send it out to incoming 5th graders. She is also dropping off flyers to each of the schools (Pleasant Ridge, Hoffman and Glen Grove). We are using the company EPI again. Please spread the word. Order deadline for current pricing is June 12th. Orders accepted until early July but the cost goes up.
VIII. New business
- The PTA is hoping to get more teacher and parent involvement next year and to increase membership percentage. Anyone interested in being more involved in the PTA please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are hopeful that PTA meetings can be held in person next year.
IX. Upcoming Events
· Dining for Dollars- Oberweis Thursday May 19th (20% back to PTA)
- Springman Variety Show May 20th– 6:30-8:30 (PTA selling spirit wear and concessions)
- Springman service fair and Kona Ice truck Monday May 23rd after school
- 8th grade graduation parties- Attea Wednesday May 25th and Springman Thursday May 26th
- Last day of school May 27th.
Meeting Adjourned: 10:00 a.m. Robin moved and Tara seconded.
This was the last PTA meeting of the 2021/2022 school year. We’ll see you again in the fall!