REUNIÓN DEL COMITÉ PTA DE SPRINGMAN/ATTEA
Tuesday November 15th, 2022
Hybrid meeting- in person at Attea & zoom
Attendees: Diana O., Chelle C., Niki V., Leisl J., Rehana H., Ghizala H., Tara C., Lynette P., Melissa D., Karen K., Beth C. and 4 other attendees via Zoom
- Meeting called to order at 7:07 p.m.
II. Approval of minutes from the September 13th, 2022 PTA meeting
· Motion moved by Chelle
· Motion seconded by Ghizala
III. Grant Approvals- Beth
· Grant deadline was November 1st. 7 grant requests received from Attea and 6 from Springman and 1 joint school request. Beth explained the process used to evaluate the grants. Grant chairs get feedback from the district and principals. Each grant is evaluated based on metrics such as number of students impacted, can it be easily replicated, is it in line with curriculum, etc. Once review process complete, recommendations to be given to PTA exec board for final decision. Grants approved will be announced early next year.
IV. Treasurer update- Rehana
V. Principals Reports
Diana O'Donnell, Attea
VI. Committee Chair reports
· Service Projects- Karen said the fall service project at Attea went well. PTA worked with the environment club to plant the planters out front with mums, cabbages, and other fall weather plants. The kids did all the work and seemed to really enjoy it. Melissa talked about Springman fall service project. Kids did a pumpkin drop, courtyard cleanup, kindness rock painting. They worked with Mrs. Schneider who is the staff rep for student council. There were 44 kids who participated and all seemed to enjoy it. The winter project is to make birthday bags for the Northfield Township food pantry. This event will be taking place at each school on Thursday Jan 26th. SEL classes at both schools will also participate by making birthday cards to be included in the bags. Look for further information for how to get involved.
· Spirit Wear- All online orders are on hold due to significant delays with current vendor. We still have inventory on hand so will be selling these at upcoming sporting events at both schools.
· Holiday Helper- Tara said we are doing a final push to get our remaining families covered. Goal is to give each family $100 worth of gift cards. 93 of 120 families currently covered so please support if you can.
· A to Z Directory- This is being coordinated at the district level this year with assistance from each PTA. Lynette is SPAT’s rep and she said it’s coming along well. Email to come out soon asking people to confirm their information for the directory is correct and to remind them last chance to join PTA (which allows you access to the online directory). Membership open until December 16th.
VII. Old Business
- GBS mentor meetings with 8th grade students went well. PTA provided treats for this event.
- Gratitude cards for staff are being delivered by PTA later this week.
- Membership is currently at 281 parents and 25 faculty.
VIII. New business
- School stores will be up and running soon.
IX. Próximos eventos
· Next PTA meeting January 10th at 9:15 a.m. at Springman
· Dining for Dollars- Raising Kane’s November 17th
- Staff winter lunch- December 15th
- Attea Winter Bash- January 27th
- Bad Momz event- February 23rd
- Shopping Night at Apricot Lane- Likely Weds November 30th
Meeting Adjourned: 7:48 p.m. Chelle moved and Tara seconded.
Notes recorded by Tara Call.